Release notes for WeBWorK 2.0.1
This release fixes two bugs in WeBWorK 2.0.
- When course databases were upgraded, sets, but not problems, were assigned to the global user. This caused sets appear to be empty when it was assigned to a user after the upgrade. Bugzilla bugs #611 and #614 are related to this issue.
- The date calculation routines
after(), used to compare the current time to the set dates, were not inclusive.
WeBWorK 2.0.1 is available our CVS repository. Read WeBWorKCVSReadOnly for more information.
WeBWorK 2.0.1 is also available in tarball form from our SourceForge project page: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=93112
Read the section in the section in the installation manual on Upgrading WeBWorK.
Fixing courses upgraded with WeBWorK 2.0
To fix corruption of courses upgraded with WeBWorK 2.0:
- Log into the course with WeBWorK 1.9 and delete the global user (usually called
- Log into the course with WeBWorK 2.0.1. You will be prompted to upgrade the database. Do so.
- If you had assigned sets to any users with WeBWorK 2.0, unassign and reassign the sets to each user.
If you need help installing or using WeBWorK 2.0, visit the WeBWorK discussion group and post your question there. The developers monitor this forum.
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
Submit bug reports and feature requests at http://bugs.webwork.rochester.edu/. We can't fix bugs and add features if you don't tell us about them!
While we welcome patches of any sort, by patching against the latest CVS code, you save us and yourself time. A bug in this release may be fixed in CVS, and we can more easily handle patches against the latest code. Check out the latest development version from CVS and patch against that. Consult the WeBWorKCVS topic for more information.
-- Main.SamHathaway - 23 Jul 2004