Release notes for WeBWorK 2.3.0
The WeBWorKTeam is pleased to announce the release of WeBWorK 2.3.0. This release contains numerous improvements over WeBWorK 2.2.2. New features include:
- Improved Problem Editor: The PG problem editor can now edit more types of files, handles temporary files better, can copy default files from
conf/snippets, can copy auxiliary files if they exist. Usability is also improved, and the multiple-window situation is more predictable and configurable.
- Multi-page gateway tests: Gateway test can now be split into multiple pages with the "problems per page" setting.
- Integration with Moodle: WeBWorK can now use a Moodle user database. Moodle can include WeBWorK problem sets as activities. See: MoodleIntegration.
- LaTeXMathML mode: Display math in PG problems as MathML objects.
- Apache 2 compatibility: WeBWorK now runs under Apache 2/mod_perl 2. See: InstallationManualV2pt3.
- LDAP authentication: WeBWorK can now check passwords against an LDAP server. See: LdapAuthentication.
- Easier database configuration: The commonly-edited database settings are now found in
conf/global.conf. In a typical installation,
conf/database.confneed not be edited.
- WeBWorK authenticator for Apache: WeBWorK now includes an Apache::AuthenWeBWorK module which allows HTTP-Basic authentication against a WeBWorK course's roster. For example, this could be used to password-protect course files that are available outside of WeBWorK. See: AuthenWeBWorK.
- And of course, many UI improvements and bug fixes.
WeBWorK 2.3.0 is available from our CVS repository. Read WeBWorKCVSReadOnly for more information on how to set up a CVS connection. For those who already have a CVS connection, this update can be obtained by updating to the tag
WeBWorK 2.3.0 is also available as a tarball from our SourceForge project page: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=93112
You must also have PGLanguageRelease2pt3pt0 installed. The installation manual covers installing PG.
Installation instructions are available from InstallationManualV2pt3.
If you are upgrading from WeBWorK 2.2.x, you will need to upgrade your database. See "Automatic" database upgrades in the installation manual.
If you need help installing or using WeBWorK 2.3, visit the WeBWorK discussion group and post your question there. The developers monitor this forum.
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
Please submit bug reports and feature requests at http://bugs.webwork.rochester.edu/.
-- Main.SamHathaway - 01 Sep 2006