Marie Ann Buot Phone: 347-821-9253 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Education Diploma Special Education Mindanao Polytechnic State College Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines 12 units only
Graduate Master of Mathematics
2003-2005, Mindanao State University – Iligan Institute of
Technology, Iligan City, Philippines Special Project: ON SPARSE ANTI-MAGIC SQUARES
AND SPARSE TOTALLY ANTI-MAGIC SQUARES
Grade point average: 1.36
College Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in Mathematics 1997 – October 2000, Mindanao State University-Main Campus, Marawi City, Philippines
Awards received Commission on Higher Education (CHED) Scholarship Recipient, 1997 – October 2000
Magna Cum Laude, BSEd Mathematics
Interests Mathematical Society of the Philippines and MSU System Wide
Mathematics and Statistics Congress
Philippine Teachers Association
Other Skills Computer Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Power Point Presentation
Literate Analog to Digital Video Production
Internet Surfing and Information Outsourcing Adobe Reader Applications Instructional Multi Media Production
Languages English Filipino
Work Experience August 30, 2007 – Present The Secondary School for Law
- AP Calculus Teacher - Algebra 2 and Trigonometry Teacher - Integrated Algebra Teacher
- 8th & 9th Grade Math Teacher
2006 - 2007 Mindanao State University-Buug College Philippines
• Utilized realistic scenarios to model math concepts.
• Created hands-on interdisciplinary math project to show connection of math with the world around them.
• Practiced group activity to get students to interact with one another and to communicate math concepts.
• Taught High School Geometry, Trigonometry, Educational Technology and Educational Science – Teaching Secondary Mathematics.
• Established and implemented rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among students and to ensure healthy learning environment.
• Established clear objectives for all lessons, projects and activities, • and conveyed these objectives to students.
• Implemented remedial classes for students with low mathematics performance.
2003-2004 Iligan City National High School Philippines
• Taught Advanced Algebra and Trigonometry and Elementary Algebra to six classes of 50 students per class.
• Employed different instructional techniques to maintain student’s interest and maximize individual learning within a group environment.
• Counseled and advised students with subject-related problems, financial and family-related issues.
• Evaluated and communicated students’ performance to their parents/guardians periodically and at times, when the need arose.
• Monitored teacher trainees’ performance in school.
2001 – 2003 Dansalan College Foundation Inc. Philippines
• Taught Advanced Algebra, Elementary Algebra, Trigonometry, and Statistics to five classes of forty-five students per class.
• Conducted review classes in preparation for college admission and scholarship test.
• Headed the tutoring program for low ability students, which improved their mathematics performance
• Completed a detailed syllabus for secondary mathematics in cooperation with some colleagues in the same field.
• Periodically gathered the parents/guardians for updates concerning school policies, activities and most importantly their students’ academic progress.