Forum archive 2000-2006

Andy Culham - Problem sending mail

Andy Culham - Problem sending mail

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicProblem sending mail topic started 8/2/2002; 4:34:56 AM
last post 8/7/2002; 4:48:34 AM
userAndy Culham - Problem sending mail  blueArrow
8/2/2002; 4:34:56 AM (reads: 1237, responses: 3)
Hello! We have recently installed WeBWorK here at the University of Calgary. We have been having some trouble sending email through WeBWorK. When we select the students to send to, WeBWorK tells us that the email address is bad. Here is the error it gives:

_________

Your message has been sent to 0 users.

However, emails were not sent to the following 1 users:

The format below is "FirstName LastName <EmailAddress>"

The following have a bad email address Andy Culham <> ________________

Has anyone else had this problem before? Any thoughts on what to do? The technical staff here says that the server is equipped to send mail and it is working fine. Any help would be appreciated. Is there something that needs to be configured that we have overlooked?

Thanks. Andy

<| Post or View Comments |>

userJun Wang - Re: Problem sending mail  blueArrow
8/2/2002; 9:04:42 AM (reads: 1481, responses: 0)
We have just tested this feature at Alabama State University. When I tried to send mail in a class that consists of only me and practice users, I got the same message. I then add an email address for myself, the message changed to:

----

Your message has been sent to 1 users. ----

No error. I sent a mail to myself! I then added some non-practice users and mails were sent. I did not read it, but I think that practice users do not receive mails (They are not allowed to change passwd!). Since the instructor is also in the classlist, he/she needs to enter an email address to receive mail. I am also new to this system and can not say surely, but I hope this will solve your problem.

Jun

userArnold K. Pizer - Re: Problem sending mail  blueArrow
8/5/2002; 12:44:20 PM (reads: 1486, responses: 0)
Jun, you are correct. Email will not be sent to practice used even if they do have an email address.

The error message in Andy Culham's message indicated that the email address is empty.

Arnie

userAndy Culham - Re: Problem sending mail  blueArrow
8/7/2002; 4:48:34 AM (reads: 1484, responses: 0)
I didn't realize that I hadn't entered an email address. I did so and tried again. I still get an error:

_____

Your message has been sent to 0 users.

However, emails were not sent to the following 1 users:

The format below is "FirstName LastName <EmailAddress>"

The following have a bad email address Andy Culham <ajculham@math.ucalgary.ca> ________

This email address works fine. We have no idea why WeBWorK won't send mail to it. Anyone know?