Forum archive 2000-2006

ymarkov - A problem with typeset display in WW 1.7

ymarkov - A problem with typeset display in WW 1.7

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicA problem with typeset display in WW 1.7 topic started 1/29/2003; 9:46:37 PM
last post 1/30/2003; 6:56:59 AM
userymarkov - A problem with typeset display in WW 1.7  blueArrow
1/29/2003; 9:46:37 PM (reads: 843, responses: 2)
Hello, this is Yavor Markov from Rutgres University. We are in our third year of running Calculus homework on Webwork. The current version is 1.7. I have just spoted a problem in one of our classes. The typset (default for us) mode does not display the images, which are correctly generated in the respective ~/l2h/tmp/ subdirectories. Since this happens in only one of 5 virtually identical classes (the others run fine) I assume that there is a problem with the set-up of some of the system variables, the apearance of which is a mistery to me. And the printed versions are genereted well.

Another, unrelated, question. Is mod-perl incorporated in WW 1.8? The explanatory remark did not seem to mention it. We will upgrade in the summer, and there is the question if our machine could handle higher student loads.

Thank you for your help.

Yavor

<| Post or View Comments |>

userymarkov - Re: A problem with typeset display in WW 1.7  blueArrow
1/29/2003; 10:21:22 PM (reads: 1064, responses: 0)
Please, disregard the first part of the question. I have found a typo in the webworkCourse.ph file listing the courseHTML directory as /wevwork/Classname which was the source of problems.

Thank you

userArnold K. Pizer - Re: A problem with typeset display in WW 1.7  blueArrow
1/30/2003; 6:56:59 AM (reads: 1068, responses: 0)
Hi Yavor,

WeBWprK 1.8 does not use mod_perl. The modZ_perl version is in beta testing at Rochester currently. See http://webhost.math.rochester.edu/webworkdocs/discuss/msgReader$1317 for more details.

Arnie