Forum archive 2000-2006

Mark Schmitt - Updated scripts

Mark Schmitt - Updated scripts

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicUpdated scripts topic started 7/11/2003; 1:00:44 PM
last post 7/11/2003; 1:32:16 PM
userMark Schmitt - Updated scripts  blueArrow
7/11/2003; 1:00:44 PM (reads: 716, responses: 1)
Arnie,

I really like the new version of profChangeDates.pl It is great to be able to change dates for individual sections, especially at the high school level. At Country Day, we've been working around that particular problem with a bunch of clumsy hacks, but this makes things much nicer.

Since I'm still in the process of putting up my new server, I've noticed that a lot of the scripts have been updated in very positive ways since last October. It might be nice to put a new tarball up on the download page to capture these new features.

Mark

Partial List of updated scripts and new features:

processProblem8.pl showPastAnswers profEditClasslistDB.pl warn before allowing a prof to be dropped profChangeDates.pl allow you to change dates by sections profImportClasslistDatabase.pl don't drop profs or students with sets totals file is updated profLogin.pl whole new look welcome.pl cleaned up look

<| Post or View Comments |>

userArnold K. Pizer - Re: Updated scripts  blueArrow
7/11/2003; 1:32:16 PM (reads: 962, responses: 0)
Thanks Mark. The original code enabling changing dates for individual sections was contributed by Davide Cervone of Union College. I modified his method a bit. Davide sent us a lot of additions many of which we are incorporating into the system code.

I'm hoping to start putting together a new release of the cgi based system (officially called WeBWorK version 1.9_00) next week. Also we will tar up all the new WeBWorK problems. The main components of that are 350 new linear algebra problems and a reorganized collection of maybe 1400 algebra problems. The linear algebra problems have been wriiten this summer at Rochester by Maria Voloshina (a UR Ph.D. who will be teaching at Cal State Fresno next fall) and Liam Rafferty (a UR undergrad). Jun Wang from Alabama State did the work on the algebra collection.

Arnie

<| Post or View Comments |>