WeBWorK Main Forum

DB error in WW 2.4 with courses moved from 2.2

DB error in WW 2.4 with courses moved from 2.2

by Sarunas Burdulis -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I have just did a fresh install of WW 2.4 using code from CVS, rel-2-4-dev. Apache 2.2, mod_perl 2.0, MySQL 5.0, amd64 Linux.

Newly created courses seem to work fine (only tested login and main Instructor tools so far). There is problem when logging into courses, which were imported from WW 2.2 install. Courses were imported by 1) copying courses/ 2) mysqldump'ing and 'mysql <dumpfile'-importing webwork database. admin course was created anew. wwdb_check and wwdb_upgrade then were run (with lots of fixes). The error message we get when logging into the imported courses is below. Looking into and comparing tables for new and old courses I don't see any columns named "merge*". A temporary table perhaps?..

Any ideas as to what may be wrong here, what else could I try to remedy this?

Thanks a lot,
Šarūnas
Dartmouth College

Error messages

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'merge1.problems_per_page' in 'field list' at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm line 665.

Call stack

The information below can help locate the source of the problem.

• in WeBWorK::DB::Schema::NewSQL::Std::handle_error called at line 198 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Merge.pm
  • in WeBWorK::DB::Schema::NewSQL::Merge::_get_fields_where_prepex called at line 232 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm
  • in WeBWorK::DB::Schema::NewSQL::Std::get_fields_where called at line 292 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm
  • in WeBWorK::DB::Schema::NewSQL::Std::get_records_where called at line 592 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm
  • in WeBWorK::DB::Schema::NewSQL::Std::gets called at line 1065 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB.pm
  • in WeBWorK::DB::getMergedSets called at line 141 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/ProblemSets.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::ProblemSets::body called at line 152 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Template.pm
  • in WeBWorK::Template::template called at line 486 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::content called at line 194 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::go called at line 353 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK.pm

In reply to Sarunas Burdulis

Re: DB error in WW 2.4 with courses moved from 2.2

by Sarunas Burdulis -
WW 2.4 seems to work now. I dropped the entire webwork database on the new install and created the database anew. Then created admin course. Imported old courses' tables, wwdb_check, wwdb_upgrade.

In my previous attempt I imported the entire webwork DB from WW 2.2, deleted old admin_*, created new admin and ran wwdb_check and wwdb_upgrade. This did not work for some reason.