WeBWorK Main Forum

Not sending email if there is no record for a student in the merge file

Not sending email if there is no record for a student in the merge file

by Bob Palais -
Number of replies: 1
I tried searching the forums first and didn't find anything about this, but perhaps my search wasn't correct. In the old webwork, this was an option on the email page that I found very convenient. I have different subsets of students whose exams and scores arrive at different times and I would send the majority a classwide email, and by checking that option, only they would get an email. Now it seems that everyone does, with fields left blank. There are many students in both subsets so it would be very time consuming to deselect them manually each time, and since they are different each time, it doesn't make sense to use sub-sections. Is this option still available and I'm just not finding it?

A more general inquiry (or suggestion) about a help document that is common with software system updates - Is there somewhere where just the major changes from webwork to webwork 2 are collected and highlighted - `Major changes in the new version'? I would be very interested in seeing it if there is. That kind of document is always helpful for focusing on what a user needs to change, as well as what new capabilities they can take advantage of.

Thanks!

Bob
In reply to Bob Palais

Re: Not sending email if there is no record for a student in the merge file

by Michael Gage -
Hi Bob,

I've asked Arnie to try to answer the specific behavior on the merge files.
I didn't work with them much. There is probably still room for improvement if we can decide on a desirable feature set.

The release notes have been collected from their original site and moved to

http://webwork.maa.org/wiki/Category:Release_Notes

(thanks Sam :-) )
These may not have all of the information you want about changing versions but it's a start. It's been 4 or more years since I've used webwork 1.9 so my memories of its exact behavior are starting to get fuzzy. :-)

Hope this helps.

-- Mike