Forum archive 2000-2006

Thomas Hagedorn - tags for CVS updates of Webwork 2

Thomas Hagedorn - tags for CVS updates of Webwork 2

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopictags for CVS updates of Webwork 2 topic started 7/14/2004; 2:36:33 AM
last post 7/14/2004; 10:44:16 AM
userThomas Hagedorn - tags for CVS updates of Webwork 2  blueArrow
7/14/2004; 2:36:33 AM (reads: 826, responses: 1)
Do the tags rel-2-0 and rel-2-0-patches still work for CVS updates of Webwork 2? Neither worked for me.

Trial and error showed that the tag rel-2-0-pr4 gave me the Pre-Release 4 version of Webwork. I could not find a tag like rel-2-0-pr4-patches that worked.

Also, if you checkout the webwork-modperl file with no tag, is that the same as using the HEAD tag?

-Tom

<| Post or View Comments |>

userMichael Gage - Re: tags for CVS updates of Webwork 2  blueArrow
7/14/2004; 10:44:16 AM (reads: 1067, responses: 0)
You can discover what tags are operational using the pop-up menu that occurs at

http://cvs.webwork.rochester.edu/viewcvs.cgi/webwork2/

You can also use the pop-up to view only the files relevant to that release. We are still learning how to use the CVS efficiently so some tags may end up being a bit confusing.

The tab rel-2-0-pr5-try2 is probably the most recent fixed tag and may well become the tag for release 2 if there are not too many bug fixes. Checking out from the HEAD (no release specified) will, for now, get the candidate for release to 2.0.

The branch rel-2-1-a1 is where the experimental features (gradebook, parsers for equations, etc. ) are being put. Most of our resources are being put towards making the 2-0 release ready. Items that can't be fixed and tested within a few days are being put in the 2.1 alpha branch. Some of the fixes for the 2.0 release are not yet available in the 2.1 alpha branch, but they will be put there once the 2.0 release is out the door.

<| Post or View Comments |>