Forum archive 2000-2006

luoy@m... - display module

luoy@m... - display module

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicdisplay module topic started 7/21/2004; 12:01:12 PM
last post 7/24/2004; 3:24:21 PM
userluoy@m... - display module  blueArrow
7/21/2004; 12:01:12 PM (reads: 1450, responses: 7)
I have managed to make the installation of WeBWork2 successful and installed the rochester problem library. But when I tried a problem by clicking the "try it" link, there is an error:

No display module found for this path. at /opt/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK.pm line 131.

Can anyone shed a light on this?

Thanks.

Frank

<| Post or View Comments |>

userSam Hathaway - Re: display module  blueArrow
7/21/2004; 2:53:13 PM (reads: 1644, responses: 0)
I am unable to reproduce this with the information given. Can you tell me more? What is the URL of the page that gave the error? Does it matter which problem you try? Does the same thing happen with local problems?

Thanks.

userluoy@m... - Re: display module  blueArrow
7/22/2004; 8:40:58 AM (reads: 1630, responses: 0)
the url taht gave the error is

/webwork2/admin/Undefined_Set/1/?effectiveUser=admin&editMode=SetMaker&sourceFilePath=Library/set0/paperHeaderFile0.pg&user=admin&key=OCNfae9p81!9O6HemWaBnYNsmu7SdDCV7^bmKNO3

There must be something I missed in the configuration I believe, so you could not reproduce this. It does not matter which problem I try, however I just installed the rochester library. What do you mean by local problem?

Thanks again.

Frank

userJohn Jones - Re: display module  blueArrow
7/22/2004; 12:01:07 PM (reads: 1633, responses: 0)
Hi,

I see from the URL that you are trying this from the admin course, and I am pretty sure that is the problem. Create a normal course and try it from there.

John

userluoy@m... - Re: display module  blueArrow
7/22/2004; 12:51:02 PM (reads: 1612, responses: 0)
John, you got it! Thanks.

However I don't understand why admin course could not try the problem. Thanks.

Frank

7/22/2004; 3:15:30 PM (reads: 1634, responses: 0)
The admin course was not set up to deal with normal problems and problem sets. The page which normally lists homework sets gives you the add course, delete course, etc. links. The try it link produces a problem page, or at least it tries to.

One way or another, this is a bug. I don't know how hard it would be to make the admin course handle this situation. It could be that the best solution is to remove some of the instructor links from the left column for the admin course.

John

userSam Hathaway - Re: display module  blueArrow
7/23/2004; 9:27:55 AM (reads: 1607, responses: 0)
We could go either way with ease. I'm inclined to think that the admin course should only do admin stuff, but I'm open to arguments as to why it should have full course functionality.

7/24/2004; 3:24:21 PM (reads: 1639, responses: 0)
I agree, that the admin course should be for admin stuff. If you want a course for purely for browsing/making sets for other courses, you can make one for that.

John