Forum archive 2000-2006

David K. Watson - Problem set trouble with added students

David K. Watson - Problem set trouble with added students

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicProblem set trouble with added students topic started 9/7/2004; 5:16:57 PM
last post 9/7/2004; 10:49:25 PM
userDavid K. Watson - Problem set trouble with added students  blueArrow
9/7/2004; 5:16:57 PM (reads: 836, responses: 2)
We have just had an unusual problem crop up with our Webwork2 courses. For some reason, the students we add are unable to submit answers on problem sets. The open, due and answer dates show up as assigned, but when they go to do a problem, the "submit answers" button is missing. They still see the "preview answers" and "check answers" buttons.

This is only a problem with recently added students. Students we added earlier do not have this problem, and this problem happens in all three courses I checked. Also, new problem sets continue to work normally for those students that older sets worked for.

I tried adding and dropping the student, unassigning and reassigning problem sets, editing the student's data and privileges, etc.

Any clue on where the problem might lie? These are all gdbm courses.

<| Post or View Comments |>

userMichael Gage - Re: Problem set trouble with added students  blueArrow
9/7/2004; 8:15:23 PM (reads: 1072, responses: 0)
The program is behaving as if the current date is between the due date and the answer date. I would double check those dates, from as many angles as possible.

I haven't seen this problem here ever, and we are currently using a system which is pretty up-to-date with the 2.0-patches branch of the CVS.

userThomas Hagedorn - Re: Problem set trouble with added students  blueArrow
9/7/2004; 10:49:25 PM (reads: 1036, responses: 0)
Mike,

Here's a related problem. I wonder if you see this on your system.

If you try a problem on a problem set that's already closed, you get the message (if you are the prof)

"You have attempted this problem 0 times. This problem set is closed. However, since you are a privileged user, additional attempts will be recorded."

However, no submit answer button is shown that allows you to submit an answer.

-Tom