Forum archive 2000-2006

david carothers - interpreting webwork warnings??

david carothers - interpreting webwork warnings??

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicinterpreting webwork warnings?? topic started 2/12/2005; 11:45:00 AM
last post 2/14/2005; 2:50:11 PM
userdavid carothers - interpreting webwork warnings??  blueArrow
2/12/2005; 11:45:00 AM (reads: 1042, responses: 3)
Assembling a problem set, I have encountered messages like the following. This may be obvious, but I can't seem to find how to interpret this even in terms of identifying which problem in the set is causing the error message???

WeBWorK Warnings WeBWorK has encountered warnings while processing your request. If this occured when viewing a problem, it was likely caused by an error or ambiguity in that problem. Otherwise, it may indicate a problem with the WeBWorK system itself. If you are a student, report these warnings to your professor to have them corrected. If you are a professor, please consult the warning output below for more information. Warning messages Argument "" isn't numeric in numeric ge (>=) at /ww/webwork/webwork-modperl/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/ProblemSet.pm line 89. Request information Time Sat Feb 12 11:26:45 2005 Method GET URI /webwork2/JMU_mth205/math205set5/ This set is visible to students.

<| Post or View Comments |>

userThomas Hagedorn - Re: interpreting webwork warnings??  blueArrow
2/12/2005; 8:43:31 PM (reads: 1255, responses: 0)
My guess is that such errors show up when an invalid parameter gets passed to a built-in webwork routine.

I've seen such errors alot when I use the display_matrix command incorrectly. I've learned by experience where to look for the error, but still can't use the error message to track down the specific part of my problem code causing the error.

-tom

userMichael Gage - Re: interpreting webwork warnings??  blueArrow
2/12/2005; 8:49:02 PM (reads: 1261, responses: 1)
This particular error is occuring because there is no open date defined for the set. I believe that if you define an open date this will go away. That said, this condition should be handled more gracefully.

userdavid carothers - Re: interpreting webwork warnings??  blueArrow
2/14/2005; 2:50:11 PM (reads: 1506, responses: 0)
Thanks. That does it.

DC