Forum archive 2000-2006

Jun Wang - Grade question and scoring option question.

Jun Wang - Grade question and scoring option question.

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicGrade question and scoring option question. topic started 3/2/2005; 4:17:44 PM
last post 3/3/2005; 12:38:08 PM
userJun Wang - Grade question and scoring option question.  blueArrow
3/2/2005; 4:17:44 PM (reads: 950, responses: 2)
These questions probably have been addressed before, but I could find the discussion after browsing through this forum. Here they are:

1. When a student checks his/her grades, the system shows that the grade is 7 out of 10 questions, for example. It does not count the different weights for these questions. Say, if a student correctly answered question 1 with 1 point and correctly answered question 2 with 5 points, the system will count as 2. It is not like this in WeBWorK1.x. Is there an option somewhere in the system that one can switch it?

2. In the scoring tool, There are only two option boxes for "IncludeIndex" and "Record Scores for Single Sets". In the demo course for WeBWorK2.0, there are 4 option boxes. But in WeBWorK1.x, there are some sorting options for the class roster, like sort by section, then by last names. Where are these options located in WeBWorK2.1? Our system right now sorts the roster by student id and mixes students from different sections together. Also, the scores do not append in the total_score file, ie, the total_score file replaced with a new one every time we do scoring.

Thanks,

Jun

<| Post or View Comments |>

userArnold K. Pizer - Re: Grade question and scoring option question.  blueArrow
3/3/2005; 9:11:51 AM (reads: 1184, responses: 0)
Hi Jun,

At this point, WeBWorK 2 does not have all the options that were available in WW 1.9 and also calculates certain things (e.g. scores in your item 1 incorrectly or at least differently). If people think these options were useful (and I for one do), we will add them.

Arnie

userJun Wang - Re: Grade question and scoring option question.  blueArrow
3/3/2005; 12:38:08 PM (reads: 1229, responses: 0)
Hi Arnie,

I also think these are convenient features. For example, this semester I have 2 sections using the same course and now I may have to separate them manually at the end.

I did not email students their homework grades and I told them that they could check their grades from their accounts at any time. Now there are some confusions since the system does not count the weights of the questions.

There might be others who also are interested in using these options available in WeBWorK 1. Thanks.

Jun