Forum archive 2000-2006

Sherman Wong - Importing Problem Sets from One Course to Another

Sherman Wong - Importing Problem Sets from One Course to Another

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicImporting Problem Sets from One Course to Another topic started 3/8/2005; 2:02:31 PM
last post 3/8/2005; 4:51:51 PM
userSherman Wong - Importing Problem Sets from One Course to Another  blueArrow
3/8/2005; 2:02:31 PM (reads: 908, responses: 2)
I'd a reference as to the proocedure by which I can export the set of problem sets from one course and import this set into another course.

I've set up several courses using the sql_single option for the present semester and would like to populate these new courses with the list of problem sets from a similar course that was used past semester.

Thank you for your assistance.

Sherman Wong

<| Post or View Comments |>

userLars Jensen - Re: Importing Problem Sets from One Course to Another  blueArrow
3/8/2005; 2:16:31 PM (reads: 1135, responses: 1)
Hi Sherman,

You can clone the new courses on the old one (if both courses are ww 2.1 courses).

You can also use the set definition files from the old course in the new course. First upload them or copy them to the new course directory. Then import them into the course using the import feature of the Homework Sets Editor. (If you have moved your libraries, you may have to edit the set definition files.)

Finally, you can use the XML export/import feature (if both courses are ww 2.1 courses).

In all cases, once you have one new course the way you want it, you can clone it to get more.

Lars.

userSherman Wong - Re: Importing Problem Sets from One Course to Another  blueArrow
3/8/2005; 4:51:51 PM (reads: 1378, responses: 0)
Hi Lars:

Thanks a lot. I'll try it out.

Sherman