Forum archive 2000-2006

Joe Grace - Apache mod_alias aliasmatch problem, I am going crazy

Joe Grace - Apache mod_alias aliasmatch problem, I am going crazy

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicApache mod_alias aliasmatch problem, I am going crazy topic started 9/18/2005; 3:37:23 PM
last post 9/19/2005; 10:39:32 AM
userJoe Grace - Apache mod_alias aliasmatch problem, I am going crazy  blueArrow
9/18/2005; 3:37:23 PM (reads: 504, responses: 2)
Hi there, I have been beating my head against the wall on this issue for about a week and a half now and this is driving me nuts. I have googled this topic to no end and have read a few threads already on this board that have to do with this problem. I know that this is not a webwork problem, but maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I can not get aliasmatch working correctly for generating PDFs. If I can get this working then I think that I will have a working webwork installation here at UMaine. The system is runing RHEL 3, apache 1.33, mod_perl 1.29. This is what I get when I try httpd -l:

[joe@webwork conf]$ ../bin/httpd -l Compiled-in modules: http_core.c mod_env.c mod_log_config.c mod_mime.c mod_negotiation.c mod_status.c mod_include.c mod_autoindex.c mod_dir.c mod_cgi.c mod_asis.c mod_imap.c mod_actions.c mod_userdir.c mod_alias.c mod_access.c mod_auth.c mod_setenvif.c mod_perl.c

This is the aliasmatch line thats failing (I dont know how the slashes , symbols and dollar signs are going to come out on this board)

AliasMatch $webwork_courses_url/([^/]*)/(.*) $webwork_courses_dir/$1/html/$2

This is what I get in the apache error_log:

File does not exist: /opt/webwork2/courses//html/

If someone has any idea why this is not working that would be awesome, I am going nuts here, I just cant figure this out. I have re-built apache a number of times and have been searching on the net for a long time. If someone can at least point me in the right direction, I would be very greatfull!

Thanks! Joe

<| Post or View Comments |>

userDavide P. Cervone - Re: Apache mod_alias aliasmatch problem, I am going crazy  blueArrow
9/18/2005; 5:41:40 PM (reads: 606, responses: 0)
I looked in my configuration file and have something similar. But I had to escape the dolar signs in the replacement string, since they have to be passed on to the server configuration, not processed by perl (like $webwork_courses_url does). So I would try
    AliasMatch $webwork_courses_url/([^/]*)/(.*) $webwork_courses_dir/\$1/html/\$2
That's what worked for me.

Davide

userJoe Grace - Re: Apache mod_alias aliasmatch problem, I am going crazy  blueArrow
9/19/2005; 10:39:32 AM (reads: 557, responses: 0)
I had the other slash in when I submitted my message but it did not stay. In my webwork.apache-config file the two slashes are before the $1 and the $2. $webwork_courses_url and $webwork_courses_dir both seem to work because in the apache error_log I get this:

File does not exist: /opt/webwork2/courses//html/