Miscellaneous

gateway quiz

gateway quiz

by Hsiang-Ping Huang -
Number of replies: 2
I have read the forum about gateway quiz. However I do not know if my problem fits into the old discussion, sorry. I do not know if it is again an IP restriction problem.

My first time to try with the def file attached.
It is actually modeled on a previous homework set.
However it gave me warning messages below.
Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

WeBWorK Warnings

WeBWorK has encountered warnings while processing your request. If this occured when viewing a problem, it was likely caused by an error or ambiguity in that problem. Otherwise, it may indicate a problem with the WeBWorK system itself. If you are a student, report these warnings to your professor to have them corrected. If you are a professor, please consult the warning output below for more information.
Warning messages

* There is no answer evaluator for the question labeled P1 at /ww/webwork/pg/lib/WeBWorK/PG/Translator.pm line 1145
* Error in Translator.pm::process_answers: Answer P1:
* Unrecognized evaluator type || at /ww/webwork/pg/lib/WeBWorK/PG/Translator.pm line 1169
* Error in Translator.pm::process_answers: Answer P1:
* Answer evaluators must return a hash or an AnswerHash type, not type || at /ww/webwork/pg/lib/WeBWorK/PG/Translator.pm line 1174
* There is no answer evaluator for the question labeled P2 at /ww/webwork/pg/lib/WeBWorK/PG/Translator.pm line 1145
* Error in Translator.pm::process_answers: Answer P2:
* Unrecognized evaluator type || at /ww/webwork/pg/lib/WeBWorK/PG/Translator.pm line 1169
* Error in Translator.pm::process_answers: Answer P2:
* Answer evaluators must return a hash or an AnswerHash type, not type || at /ww/webwork/pg/lib/WeBWorK/PG/Translator.pm line 1174
* There is no answer evaluator for the question labeled t1 at /ww/webwork/pg/lib/WeBWorK/PG/Translator.pm line 1145
* Error in Translator.pm::process_answers: Answer t1:
* Error in Translator.pm::process_answers: Answer t1:
* There is no answer evaluator for the question labeled t2 at /ww/webwork/pg/lib/WeBWorK/PG/Translator.pm line 1145
* Error in Translator.pm::process_answers: Answer t2:
* Error in Translator.pm::process_answers: Answer t2:

Request information
Time Thu Feb 18 15:09:58 2010
Method GET
URI /webwork2/math2210spring2010-4/quiz_mode/test/
In reply to Hsiang-Ping Huang

Re: gateway quiz

by Danny Glin -
The problem is most likely with the question:
Library/Union/setMVlinesplanes/an12_5_19.pg
(and possibly others)
As far as I know, the Gateway/Quiz mode still can't handle named answer blanks (which use the NAMED_ANS_RULE function). Since quizzes display more than one question at a time, the system needs to be able to rename the answer blanks to keep track of which answers go with which question. Since these answer blanks have fixed names, it causes the problem you're experiencing.
To the best of my knowledge there is currently no workaround for this. I've just had to avoid using such questions in quiz situations.