WeBWorK Main Forum

unable to add students

unable to add students

by Rick cornez -
Number of replies: 3
I am at step 1-ok maybe step 0- of trying to orient myself in learning webwork. I have a course hosting set up and was able to add and delete students from my course. But I  now no longer seem to be able to add students to my course. I can still delete. I am doing all the steps in the tutorial-  add 2 students checked-take action- etc.  This is a pretty embarrassingly simple step to be stumped on. Can someone help, please?
In reply to Rick cornez

Re: unable to add students

by Jason Aubrey -
Hi Rick,

I'm an admin on the courses.webwork.maa.org server, and it looks to me like everything should be working ok -I was able to add a student to your course (you can see J Test in your classlist now).

A mistake I even make after years of using webwork is that occasionally I enter the student information and then click the "Create" button at the top of the page rather than the "Add Students" button at the bottom of the page. Maybe that is what's going on?

Hope this helps,
Jason
In reply to Jason Aubrey

by Rick cornez -
Hi Jason

Thank you very much for the prompt reply but I am clicking the "add students " button and still nothing is happening. There are so few steps in this process I am truly perplexed. this is preceded by checking "add <1> student" then clicking "take action" and then entering student info followed by "add students".

Yours Rick
In reply to Rick cornez

by Rick cornez -
Hi Jason

I figured it out. I needed to enter in the "login name" for each student . I was under the impression that that was assigned automatically based on 1st and last name. It works but will be slightly inconvenient for a large class. Thanks

Rick