WeBWorK Main Forum

Feedback on Classlist Editor2

Feedback on Classlist Editor2

by D. Brian Walton -
Number of replies: 2
I've noticed that there are some features in the Classlist Editor2 and Homework Sets Editor2 of WeBWorK 2.7 that keep catching me. They have to do with the "Take Action" button and using a default status of "Cancel".

In the Classlist Editor, when I edit students, needing to switch to "Save" and then click "Take Action" is cumbersome. Why not eliminate the tab and just present a "Save Changes" and "Cancel and Revert" choice?

The same thing happened in Export Sets in Homework Sets Editor. It took me multiple attempts to export selected sets before I realized that there was an extra step of changing from the default "Cancel" export to "Save" exported sets.

Brian Walton
James Madison University
In reply to D. Brian Walton

Re: Feedback on Classlist Editor2

by Michael Gage -
I've added this to the bug list  (which is for feature enhancements as well).

I think this behavior is likely to disappear and be replaced by something closer to what you are asking for with ClasslistEditor3 (aka  ClasslistManager).  

The double step behavior was initially defined in the dawn of this century 
when instructors were still extra cautious about pressing a button and making a mistake. :-) and in which every change of state of the webwork database had to be accomplished with a round trip submission of a form to the server.