WeBWorK Main Forum

Problem with Math4 Theme?

Problem with Math4 Theme?

by Stacy Hoehn -
Number of replies: 3
One of our faculty members recently began experiencing problems with his WeBWorK interface. When he logs in or clicks on an option like "homework sets editor or course configuration" within his course, only the menu of options appears at the top of the screen (in its usual spot on the left). To see anything else, he has to scroll down the page to below the column of menu options, and that's where the other info is displaying. When I log into his course as an admin, I don't get the same behavior -- for me, the homework set editor, etc, appears directly to the right of the menu of options. I tried to help him debug, and the only thing I noticed was that when he switched from the Math4 theme to the Math3 theme, the problem went away. Is this a problem that anyone else has noticed? Is there a fix other than switching to Math3?
In reply to Stacy Hoehn

Re: Problem with Math4 Theme?

by Alexander Basyrov -
I've noticed that when I use Internet Explorer 9 on Windows Vista AND switch the 'Compatibility View' on, webwork pages end up looking similar to what you've described: the main menu near the top of the page, with the main content near the bottom of the page. In my case, switching the compatibility view off returns Math4 theme to its intended layout.

I wonder if something like that might be happening in your case.

-- Alex
In reply to Alexander Basyrov

Re: Problem with Math4 Theme?

by Stacy Hoehn -
Thanks for the responses. Switching the compatibility view off in IE did fix the problem.

-- Stacy