WeBWorK Problems

Using the database problem library with a remote mysql server

Using the database problem library with a remote mysql server

by Danny Glin -
Number of replies: 0
I've just been working to set up the database problem library on our new install of webwork here at University of Calgary. The main issue I'm having is that our mysql server is hosted remotely, not on localhost. I've made the following changes and it appears to be working, but this seems like something that could be streamlined.
In global.conf:
$problemLibrary{sourceSQL} = "ProblemLibrary:remote.sql.hostname";
has worked, since it seems that this variable is used as the tail end of the database dsn. I worry that this is fragile though, as I am counting on this only to be used as part of a dsn.
Also, the script loadDB2 that comes with the problem libraries via the CVS has the database name hard coded. I can change the value in global.conf, but when I run the script it still tries to store the info in a database named ProblemLibrary on localhost. In order to have the script store the data where I want it, I've had to manually edit the script with the values for my system. Is it possible to have the script read this information from either global.conf or the course environment?
I have the database up and running now, these are just some thoughts for future releases...