WeBWorK Main Forum

MathJax and mathjax folders

MathJax and mathjax folders

by Alex Jordan -
Number of replies: 2
In our new installation of 2.7, from the LiveDVD, MathJax was not working. I found that the problem was that in webwork2/htdocs, there were two folders: MathJax (which had content) and mathjax (which was empty). I deleted the latter and renamed the former with lowercase letters, and now MathJax seems to work.

So somewhere in the system some case sensitivity was preventing MathJax from working. I didn't personally install this server, so I don't so I can't say for sure if this is a local issue. I thought it would be worth noting in these forums.
In reply to Alex Jordan

Re: MathJax and mathjax folders

by Hedley Pinsent -
It all changes as we move to version 2.8.

the mathjax folder will be clobbered as a symbolic link to /opt/webwork/MathJax

The main option would be to install the MathJax there.

Some extra background information in the accompanying graphic for the miscellaneous reader.
Attachment HowToTell.png
In reply to Alex Jordan

Re: MathJax and mathjax folders

by Arnold Pizer -
Hi Alex,

If one does a WeBWorK install from the live DVD, MathJax is set up correctly in the directory .../mathjax.  Whoever set up your system must have made changes probably trying to upgrade MathJax.  The liveDVD documentation refers people to http://webwork.maa.org/wiki/Installation_Manual_for_2.7_on_Ubuntu_12.04#Checking_for_and_installing_hotfixes where one can find info on MathJax under the section: "Updating MathJax".

Arnie