WeBWorK Main Forum

Locked out of admin course

Locked out of admin course

by Andrew Leahy -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

I have WebWork installed on a virtual Fedora 17 system I spun up just to run WebWork and I have successfully used it for the past several terms.  However, I recently went to create some new courses and found I had lost my admin password.   So I used 'newpassword admin admin XXXXX' to create a new password and was able to successfully log in.  However, I'm getting the following errors when accessing the admin course, which suggest that for some reason mysql can't write to the /tmp directory.  Any ideas what is up?

Thanks for your help.

Andrew Leahy

WeBWorK error

An error occured while processing your request. For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster (root@localhost), including all of the following information as well as what what you were doing when the error occured.

Tue Nov 19 15:02:37 2013

Warning messages

Use of uninitialized value in join or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm line 814.<br />Use of uninitialized value in join or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm line 814.<br />Use of uninitialized value in join or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm line 814.<br />Use of uninitialized value in join or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm line 814.<br />Use of uninitialized value in join or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm line 814.<br />Use of uninitialized value in join or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm line 814.<br />Use of uninitialized value in join or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm line 814.<br />Use of uninitialized value in join or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm line 814.<br />Use of uninitialized value in join or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm line 814.<br />Use of uninitialized value in join or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm line 814.<br />Use of uninitialized value in join or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm line 814.<br />Use of uninitialized value in join or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm line 814.<br />Use of uninitialized value in join or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm line 814.<br />Use of uninitialized value in join or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm line 814.<br />Use of uninitialized value in join or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm line 814.<br />Use of uninitialized value in join or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm line 814.<br />Use of uninitialized value in join or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm line 814.<br />Use of uninitialized value in join or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm line 814.<br />Use of uninitialized value in join or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm line 814.<br />
Error messages

DBD::mysql::db do failed: Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_363_0.MYI' (Errcode: 2)
WeBWorK::Utils::CourseManagement
/opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Utils/CourseManagement.pm
WeBWorK::DB::Schema::NewSQL::Std::tableFieldExists

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::CourseAdmin
/opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/CourseAdmin.pm
WeBWorK::Utils::CourseManagement::initNonNativeTables

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

WeBWorK::ContentGenerator
/opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::CourseAdmin::pre_header_initialize

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Call stack

The information below can help locate the source of the problem.

in WeBWorK::DB::Schema::NewSQL::Std::handle_error called at line 296 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm
in WeBWorK::DB::Schema::NewSQL::Std::tableFieldExists called at line 1026 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Utils/CourseManagement.pm
in WeBWorK::Utils::CourseManagement::initNonNativeTables called at line 76 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/CourseAdmin.pm
in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::CourseAdmin::pre_header_initialize called at line 181 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::go called at line 370 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK.pm
Request information

Method POST
URI /webwork2/admin/
HTTP Headers
User-Agent Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/29.0.1547.76 Safari/537.36
Accept text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Connection keep-alive
Referer http://euler.lab.knet.edu/webwork2/admin/
Content-Length 25
Accept-Encoding gzip,deflate,sdch
Cache-Control max-age=0
Origin http://euler.lab.knet.edu
Content-Type application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Accept-Language en-US,en;q=0.8
Host euler.lab.knet.edu
In reply to Andrew Leahy

Re: Locked out of admin course

by Danny Glin -
Do you have available disk space?

In my experience, not being able to write to /tmp often means that the disk is full.
In reply to Danny Glin

by Andrew Leahy -

I checked this and I'm good there, so it must be something else.

[root@euler httpd]# df
Filesystem                   1K-blocks    Used Available Use% Mounted on
devtmpfs                       2013568       0   2013568   0% /dev
tmpfs                          2025064      96   2024968   1% /dev/shm
tmpfs                          2025064   25584   1999480   2% /run
/dev/mapper/vg_euler-lv_root  21091560 4500856  15512640  23% /
tmpfs                          2025064       0   2025064   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs                          2025064       0   2025064   0% /media
/dev/sda1                       487652   65675    396377  15% /boot

In reply to Andrew Leahy

by Hedley Pinsent -
I recreated the error by restricting access to /tmp. You may want to look at that. --hp
Attachment TmpFillError.png
In reply to Hedley Pinsent

by Andrew Leahy -

Hmm.  I was thinking a subtle SELinux error might be locking me out from /tmp, but still no go when I disabled SELinux.  However, a reboot  fixed the problem.  So thanks for the suggestion.