WeBWorK Main Forum

errors with Achievement Items

errors with Achievement Items

by Alex Jordan -
Number of replies: 1
Some of our users are getting errors when Achievement Items are in use. The errors only appear at the bottom of the Achievements page. I haven't figured out the exact formula that makes these errors appear, but one example is pasted below. We are using the master 2.8 release. I do not seem to have this happening in my courses, which are using Achievement Items, but it is happening in other courses. Could it be that they have a different .axp to start with, and something is not coded right in some of their achievements?

WeBWorK Warnings

WeBWorK has encountered warnings while processing your request. If this occured when viewing a problem, it was likely caused by an error or ambiguity in that problem. Otherwise, it may indicate a problem with the WeBWorK system itself. If you are a student, report these warnings to your professor to have them corrected. If you are a professor, please consult the warning output below for more information.

Warning messages

• Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/AchievementItems.pm line 538.
  • Use of uninitialized value $openSetCount[22] in concatenation (.) or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/AchievementItems.pm line 553.
  • Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/AchievementItems.pm line 1153.
  • Use of uninitialized value $openSetCount[22] in concatenation (.) or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/AchievementItems.pm line 1168.
  • Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/AchievementItems.pm line 647.
  • Use of uninitialized value $openSetCount[22] in concatenation (.) or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/AchievementItems.pm line 662.
  • Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/AchievementItems.pm line 758.
  • Use of uninitialized value $openSetCount[22] in concatenation (.) or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/AchievementItems.pm line 773.
  • Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/AchievementItems.pm line 960.
  • Use of uninitialized value $openSetCount[22] in concatenation (.) or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/AchievementItems.pm line 975.

Request information

Time Mon Jan 13 17:37:30 2014
Method GET
URI /webwork2/MTH060-10680/achievements/

In reply to Alex Jordan

Re: errors with Achievement Items

by Alex Jordan -
I was working on a different issue through Bugzilla (where when I tried to apply an item to a homework problem, if I changed sets the corresponding list of problem numbers did not update) and Geoff Goehle suggested I try pulling the renamefix branch from his git:

git remote add goehle http://github.com/goehle/webwork2
git pull goehle renamefix

I did this and it seems to have resolved both issues.