WeBWorK Main Forum

deleting all of the old students in a course

deleting all of the old students in a course

by Yoav Freund -
Number of replies: 2
I am trying to create a new version of an existing course. I want to import the problem sets but not the students. I can's figure out how to do that. I also tried to delete all of the students after unarchiving the course, but for some reason the "select all" button in the class list manager does not work.

Any help is appreciated!

Yoav Freund
In reply to Yoav Freund

Re: deleting all of the old students in a course

by Arnold Pizer -
Hi Yoav,

Not sure why "select all" isn't working.  However what I used to do in your situation is to create a new course which is a clone of the old one without the students and with a new name (e.g. math100_fall14).  This is easy to do:
In the Hmwwk Sets Editor, select Export, Select all sets, Take Action.  This saves set definition files for all your sets.  Then in the Admin Course, create a new course but in the Copy templates from: box, select your old course.  Then in the new course, in the Hmwwk Sets Editor, select Import, etc.

That way you always have your old course in case you want it for some reason but maybe you want to turn off access to it from the old students.  

Arnie
In reply to Arnold Pizer

Re: deleting all of the old students in a course

by Hedley Pinsent -
I have been trying to assemble these comments in a document; not finished - where is the time.

However, you might try notes.teabun.ca for screenshots of what Arnie is saying.

Too large to actually upload to the forum.

regards - hp