WeBWorK Main Forum

Best way to have *DIFFERENT* due dates, for each student, for *SAME* homework?

Best way to have *DIFFERENT* due dates, for each student, for *SAME* homework?

by Christian Seberino -
Number of replies: 2
I have students that work independently at their own pace on a set of homeworks.  Therefore, they all need a different due date.

Should I make multiple copies of the same homework, one for each student, or is there a better way?

cs
In reply to Christian Seberino

Re: Best way to have *DIFFERENT* due dates, for each student, for *SAME* homework?

by Gavin LaRose -

I think what the best way to do this may depend on the number of students involved. It's of course possible to assign a single set to all students and then adjust their due dates on a student-set by student-set basis. I think this is how I would be inclined to approach it in most cases.

The other possibility, which you note, is to just have a copy of the set for each student. This may have the advantage of being able to easily produce a table of sets (in the homework sets editor) so that you can update due dates for all sets at once. So for a lot of students or sets that might be desirable.

The student-set deadline adjustment requires more intensive management of the students' sets; the multiple-set solution requires creating and then managing more separate sets. I think it's not entirely clear which will be best.

Gavin

In reply to Gavin LaRose

Re: Best way to have *DIFFERENT* due dates, for each student, for *SAME* homework?

by Christian Seberino -
Oh I found it!!! When you edit a homework on the top right is a link...

"Edit individual versions of set XXX".

Perfect!  Thanks!

cs