WeBWorK Main Forum

Time setting and display?

Time setting and display?

by Alasdair McAndrew -
Number of replies: 2
I am in Australia, and I have set my timezone to "Australia/Melbourne" and my locale to "en_AU.utf8" in site.conf. And just to make sure I restarted my web server (apache2).

However, I'm still unsure whether the times I set for starting and due dates of a quiz reflect the local time. In the general information for a homework set I've set those times (in my local time) to be: 11.59pm Sunday August 3 and 11.59 Sunday August 10, (Melbourne Australia time).

However, when I go to Hmwk Sets Editor2, the times given for start and end appear as

08/04/2014 at 02:59pm EST

and

08/11/2014 at 02:59pm EST

respectively - they've been, it seems, translated into American EST.

Is there some way I can fix things so that all times: set, displayed, etc, reflect my local time? It's tricky setting a time in one zone and having it displayed in another.

Thanks very much,
Alasdair
In reply to Alasdair McAndrew

Re: Time setting and display?

by Arnold Pizer -
Hi Alasdair,

If you click on "Course Configuration" then in the "General" panel under "Timezone for the course"  are the default and current time zones set to "Australia/Melbourne"?

Arnie
In reply to Arnold Pizer

Re: Time setting and display?

by Alasdair McAndrew -
Yes, they both are.

What I did was go into the WeBWorK3 menus, and set the dates and times there. For some reason this got them to "stick". I'm not quite sure why I couldn't get the same result from the WeBWorK2 menus... anyway, all good now!

Thanks,
Alasdair