WeBWorK Main Forum

edit/view a new problem

edit/view a new problem

by Valerio De Angelis -
Number of replies: 1
I would like to create a new problem, edit it and view it without it being part of a homework set, but I have not been able to do it. If I use the file manager to view a .pg file, I see the code. If I click edit, I get a text editor and I can edit and save the code, but not view the result. If I click Edit on a problem from the Library browser, I get an editor displaying the content of a protected file that cannot be edited and saved. If I then click as Save as unattached problem, I get an error message (copied below). I did specify a correct and valid filename before trying to save it.  What is the right way to create, edit and view a new problem without making it part of any homework set? 
Thanks for any help

WeBWorK error

An error occured while processing your request. For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster ([no address given]), including all of the following information as well as what what you were doing when the error occured.

Mon Jul 13 16:12:28 2015

Warning messages

Error messages

invalid characters in 'problemID' field: 'Undefined_Set' (valid characters are [0-9]) at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/URLPath.pm line 1252.

Call stack

The information below can help locate the source of the problem.

• in Carp::croak called at line 2320 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB.pm
  • in WeBWorK::DB::validateKeyfieldValue called at line 1252 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/URLPath.pm
  • in WeBWorK::URLPath::visitPathTypeNode called at line 1290 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/URLPath.pm
  • in WeBWorK::URLPath::visitPathTypeNode called at line 1290 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/URLPath.pm
  • in WeBWorK::URLPath::visitPathTypeNode called at line 1137 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/URLPath.pm
  • in WeBWorK::URLPath::getPathType called at line 877 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/URLPath.pm
  • in WeBWorK::URLPath::newFromPath called at line 144 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK.pm

Request information

MethodGET
URI/webwork2/2015_PREP_Problem_Authoring/instructor/pgProblemEditor2/Undefined_Set/Undefined_Set/
HTTP Headers
User-AgentMozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_3) AppleWebKit/600.6.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0.6 Safari/600.6.3 
Accepttext/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8 
Connectionkeep-alive 
Refererhttps://testcourses.webwork.maa.org/webwork2/2015_PREP_Problem_Authoring/instructor/pgProblemEditor2/Undefined_Set/1/?effectiveUser=DeAngelis&sourceFilePath=Library/Utah/Quantitative_Analysis/set3_Derivatives/pr_5.pg&user=DeAngelis&problemSeed=1234&theme=&key=sh6TCCc18h9qNuyAhy19chpAcY7J2IrJ 
Accept-Encodinggzip, deflate 
Originhttps://testcourses.webwork.maa.org 
CookieWeBWorKCourseAuthen.2015_PREP_Problem_Authoring=DeAngelis%09sh6TCCc18h9qNuyAhy19chpAcY7J2IrJ%091436818348 
Accept-Languageen-us 
Hosttestcourses.webwork.maa.org
In reply to Valerio De Angelis

Re: edit/view a new problem

by Gavin LaRose -
Hi Valerio,

I'd probably do one of two things: either have two tabs open, one to view the problem in the Library Browser, and the other to edit it from the File Manager; or, create a testing set in which to view the problem which is just assigned to you and which serves no other purpose than to hold the problem(s) on which you're working. I usually do the latter, for whatever that's worth.

Gavin