WeBWorK Main Forum

Can't add new problems from Library browser...only from a file.

Can't add new problems from Library browser...only from a file.

by Christian Seberino -
Number of replies: 3
My Webwork server doesn't let me add problems to exams. When I try
the number of problems still shows as zero.

I've found a workaround that works......I use a file that specifies the exam problems I want.  When I import an exam from the file that seems to work.

Any idea why I can't add problems from the library directly without using a file?

cs
In reply to Christian Seberino

Re: Can't add new problems from Library browser...only from a file.

by sam koski -
I am struggling to install a version of WebWork.  I finally got something that appears to work, but I can't add problems to problem sets.
Your work around seems like it might be helpful temporarily, while I try to sort things out.
You said you use a file that specifies the exam problems.
Could you explain what you did?  It also might be helpful if I could see a copy of the file that you created.
I would appreciate any help that you have time to give
Sam Koski
askoski@aol.com

p.s
I also have a very long delay when using the library browser.  When I pick a section, the subsections don't appear automatically.  If I "view problems" the next subsection appears.  I need to do that twice to drill down to the actual problems.  Then when I try to add the problems to the set, everything looks like it is working, even a green progress bar, but no problems.
In reply to sam koski

by Danny Glin -
Because there have been many issues with the Library Browser not working out of the box, I've started a wiki page on troubleshooting steps.  Anyone who has had related issues with the Library Browser, please feel free to add to the page.

Danny
In reply to sam koski

by Christian Seberino -
See below.  You want to import a "homework set definition file".

http://webwork.math.ucdavis.edu/wiki/doku.php?id=creating_homework_sets

http://webwork.maa.org/wiki/Set_Definition_Files