WeBWorK Main Forum

Generating Hardcopy (TeX-PDF conversionerror)

Generating Hardcopy (TeX-PDF conversionerror)

by Sreyas Chintapalli -
Number of replies: 3
Hello all. I am currently working with our university's physics department to make an online set of webwork problems. Most of it is put together, but when a we want to generate a .pdf hardcopy we have the following errors:
  • Failed to convert TeX to PDF with command 'cd /opt/webwork/webwork2/htdocs/tmp/Phys198-SP16/hardcopy/work.NOgsZkIh && /usr/bin/pdflatex >pdflatex.stdout 2>pdflatex.stderr hardcopy' (exit=1 signal=0 core=0).
  • First error in TeX log is:
    ! LaTeX Error: File `path.sty' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
    or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)

Enter file name:

• Failed to rename 'hardcopy.pdf' to 'Phys198-SP16.sreyas.WW1.pdf' in directory '/opt/webwork/webwork2/htdocs/tmp/Phys198-SP16/hardcopy/work.NOgsZkIh':
    /usr/bin/mv: cannot stat '/opt/webwork/webwork2/htdocs/tmp/Phys198-SP16/hardcopy/work.NOgsZkIh/hardcopy.pdf': No such file or directory

• Final hardcopy file '/opt/webwork/webwork2/htdocs/tmp/Phys198-SP16/hardcopy/work.NOgsZkIh/hardcopy.pdf' not found after calling 'generate_hardcopy_pdf':No such file or directory

Does anyone have any insight on this? Thanks!

-Sreyas
In reply to Sreyas Chintapalli

Re: Generating Hardcopy (TeX-PDF conversionerror)

by Alex Jordan -
I added path.sty as a package to the LaTeX preamble a while back, so that the file path to each problem (which appears in instructor copies) would format more nicely. It looks like your LaTeX distribution does not have path.sty. Do you have access to the server? Perhaps:

tlmgr install path

would address this, assuming your LaTeX distribution is TeXLive.
In reply to Sreyas Chintapalli

by Kerry Ojakian -

I am having the same issue (now years after the original post by someone else).

Any solution??

-Kerry

In reply to Kerry Ojakian

by Glenn Rice -

Make sure that you have the Ubuntu package texlive-plain-generic installed.  That package includes the path.sty file that you need.