The one that apache is looking at is in the latter of the two and /opt/moodle is where I was working. Now I am able to update moodle correctly and am running version 2.7. However, I am running into an error when trying to install the wwassignment module. Hopefully the following makes sense to someone:
Here is what I did:
moved wwlink directory into /var/www/html/moodle/blocks
moved wwassignment directory into /var/www/html/moodle/mod
When I open moodle at webpage it takes me immediately to a page for plugin checks
The only option is at the bottom of the page: "update moodle database now". When I click on this another page opens up with the following error (if I remove the two directories, the error goes away):
Oregon Tech Math Development for Moodle
Error code: detectedbrokenplugin
- line 591 of /lib/upgradelib.php: plugin_defective_exception thrown
- line 420 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins_modules()
- line 1615 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins()
- line 434 of /admin/index.php: call to upgrade_noncore()
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.7. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: error/moodle/detectedbrokenplugin.
A broken plugin, such as a module, has been detected. In order for the upgrade to proceed, the broken plugin should be deleted.
In the case of a Theme, then it is more than likely there is a file that has not been renamed correctly, or the theme is missing a vital component like a version.php, or that the version.php is not correct in some small detail, usually the plugin version. To correct this, you must add the theme/THEMENAME/lang/en/theme_THEMENAME.php file, where THEMENAME is the name of the theme folder. Inside that file, add the string "$string['pluginname'] = 'THEMENAME'; ". Make THEMENAME the name of your theme, however you want it displayed in the Theme selector.
Also, make sure to change your config.php file and version.php file to reflect the correct name:
In config.php: $THEME->name = 'NAME';
In version.php: $plugin->component = 'theme_NAME'; // Full name of the plugin (used for diagnostics)
For more information read Themes 2.0