Installation

Interactive Graphing Problems Not Working after switching to 2.12

Interactive Graphing Problems Not Working after switching to 2.12

by Jim Fischer -
Number of replies: 2
After upgrading to 2.12 from 2.11 on Ubuntu 14.04, none of the interactive graphing problems will render or work with any browser. The problems I am referring to are any of the say calc problems where students are asked to draw a graph with various properties using the mouse.

Does anyone have an idea of what we did wrong to lose this feature or what steps to take to fix?

I am waiting until winter break to tackle this. My first thought is to switch back to 2.11 and run updates in OPL and pg.
In reply to Jim Fischer

Re: Interactive Graphing Problems Not Working after switching to 2.12

by Michael Gage -
Jim,

Can you be specific which problems don't work? Do you mean the flash problems such as  Library/CSUOhio/appletDemonstrationProblems/DerivativeDraw11.pg ?

That one works for me.

setDemo2/sketchHTML5.pg   

also works for me.  You can see both of these at https://hosted2.webwork.rochester.edu/webwork2/2014_07_UR_demo

The first thing I would check if an interactive page is not working would be the error messages that appear in the console on the "developer view" of chrome or safari. 
Is there a problem javaScript connecting back to the server?  If so that could indicate
something wrong with the url entries in site.conf. 

Take care,

Mike 

In reply to Michael Gage

Re: Interactive Graphing Problems Not Working after switching to 2.12

by Jim Fischer -
Hi Mike

Thanks for the help. I finally am making some time to tackle this issue. Yes, those are exactly the type of problems that don't work (they worked when I was using 2.11). When displaying these problems (using webwork 2.12, pg 2.12) I dont get webwork errors, and Im not sure what to look for in chrome developer tools. The problems show up but the graphing windows are blank. Otherwise the system seems to function nicely.

I can copy and paste contents of site.conf if that might help diagnose the issue. Also, I seem to be missing some modules. Several missing when I ran the check modules script. I can copy contents after running the module check so you can see what's missing if that would help.

These problems worked fine when I was using 2.11, I tried switching back to 2.11 but I couldn't get the webwork system to function, sorry forgot what errors I got.

Thanks

Jim