WeBWorK Main Forum

help with error message

help with error message

by Dave Meng -
Number of replies: 2
I encountered strange situations I have never seen before. Three days ago(Thursday), there was an internet problem. I received complaints from students not being able to access webwork. By the time I saw the message, the problem has been resolved. I was told that there was a campus wise outage. However, on Friday, I was notified by an instructor that one of his students encountered a strange problem. Two problems from a problem set disappeared even through the student has finished them. I checked, it is true. Those two problems are missing from her set, but not from anyone else's in her class. I resolved the problem by reassigning the set to her without affecting her credits that she achieved from other problems in this same set.
Last night, I got another message from a student in another class using webwork. The student got an error message when clicking on a hw set. No one else in this class has the same problem. I tried to uncheck the problem hw for this student but I was unable to do so. The error message  persists. I am including error message here. I am not sure if all these events are related. 

Any help will be appreciated.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error messages

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table 'Winter201617-Meen361_problem_user' is marked as crashed and should be repaired at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm line 826.

Call stack

The information below can help locate the source of the problem.

• in WeBWorK::DB::Schema::NewSQL::Std::handle_error called at line 413 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm
  • in WeBWorK::DB::Schema::NewSQL::Std::_get_fields_where_prepex called at line 381 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm
  • in WeBWorK::DB::Schema::NewSQL::Std::get_fields_where called at line 2035 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB.pm
  • in WeBWorK::DB::listUserProblems called at line 358 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/ProblemSet.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::ProblemSet::body called at line 155 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Template.pm
  • in WeBWorK::Template::template called at line 530 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::content called at line 202 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::go called at line 380 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK.pm
In reply to Dave Meng

Re: help with error message

by Danny Glin -
Based on the messages it looks like the table got corrupted. A quick google search led to the following:
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/myisam-repair.html
It looks like the easy thing to try is to run
REPAIR TABLE `Winter201617-Meen361_problem_user`
from the mysql client. I would recommend backing up the data first.