Installation

LTI auth only for some courses

LTI auth only for some courses

by Björn Bergstrand -
Number of replies: 2
Like the title suggests, is there a way to enable LTI authentication only for some courses on a webwork server?
Right now we need to use the old wwassignment moodle connection for some courses and LTI for others.
Enabling LTI in the localOverrides.conf seems to disable both normal login (username and password) and login via the wwassignment module.
In reply to Björn Bergstrand

Re: LTI auth only for some courses

by Michael Gage -
The short answer is yes, I believe so, in fact it can probably be done in more than one way. Without experimentation here I can't give step by step instructions as to how to set the switches.  

One thing that I expect to work is to enable LTI in course.conf for the course where you want LTI enabled rather than in localOverrides.conf. In that case the other courses will not be affected.  Jason Aubrey or others may have more information. The LTI connection is relatively new and we may need some experimentation as a group to determine the best and most flexible way to set it up. Please report back if you find something that works for you.
In reply to Björn Bergstrand

Re: LTI auth only for some courses

by Jason Aubrey -
Like Mike said, you can copy the settings in LTIauth.conf into the course.conf of the course you want to enable LTI for. We've successfully done that on the MAA servers.

There is one instance where we did not have success, but we haven't figured out the problem. I think it is likely to work if you try it.

Jason

PS - feel free to email me if you run into trouble.