Please share the following with any folks you might think would be interested in a reprise of our well-received PREP workshop.
Authoring Effective Homework Problems with WeBWork
Davide Cervone, Gavin LaRose, and John Travis
June 7, 14, 21, and 28, 2017
WeBWorK is an open source, web-based homework delivery system designed to make homework more effective and efficient for students of mathematics and the sciences. It has been used for over 15 years by hundreds of professors and in a wide variety of instructional environments.
Participants in this online workshop will develop the technical skills necessary to identify, edit and create high-quality WeBWorK problems. These skills will be cultivated through a series of four interactive web conferences and concurrent on-line group work. Participants will be challenged to formulate problems so that they not only validate skills but also foster learning. Design tips for enhancing problem presentation will be proposed. An additional preparatory web conference will be scheduled to provide an overview of the WeBWorK interface for participants with no prior experience.
Participants will become active in the greater WeBWorK community and make their own contributions to the WeBWork Open Problem Library. This workshop has been successfully offered three times in the past to well over 100 participants through the MAA PREP program. This reprise is not connected with PREP (which has expired) but will attempt to maintain its high standards.
To register, please send an email with the Subject "WeBWorK Problem Authoring Workshop" to email@example.com .
- Advanced Deadline has passed ($150 first registrant from same university, $50 for up to 2 secondary participants - before May 16)
- $200/$75 - May 16 or later
- Send payment using PayPal.
- Refunds - through PayPal - all but $25 if requested before June 1. If refund is requested for a primary registrant when there is a secondary registrant from the same institution then refund will be based on the secondary rate.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with name and institution. Additional rate only available if there is an existing paid registration.
For more information about WeBWorK, please visit http://webwork.maa.org.