WeBWorK Problems

Repeat same problem 20 times

Repeat same problem 20 times

by Paul Hermans -
Number of replies: 2
If I want to make a homework set that is specifically meant to practice adding fractions and I happen to have a problem that randomly generates fractions to be added, how do I add the same problem to a homework set 20 times?

Also, is it possible to have a student do the same type of problem until they get 5 in a row correct or something like that?

Thanks

Paul
In reply to Paul Hermans

Re: Repeat same problem 20 times

by Alex Jordan -
Hi Paul,

Say you have a problem set initialized with one problem. Visit its Set Details page. There are several ways to get to that page, but actually I'm not sure that there is a very clear way to get there. One way is to go to the Hmwk Sets Editor and click the number corresponding to how many problems are in that set.

Then you can use a tool somewhere on the page (bottom, I think) to add 19 new problems to the set. After they are created, you could copy-paste a problem's file path into each of the 19 new slots.

Alternatively, you could be in the Library Browser with a set selected in the top drop down menu. And then find the problem you want, and click to add it 20 times.

For your second question, the closest thing that comes to mind is a JITAR problem set. I think perhaps it could be configured to achieve something like what you describe. See: http://webworkgoehle.blogspot.com/2014/06/just-in-time-adaptive-homework.html for how it works.

Alex
In reply to Alex Jordan

Re: Repeat same problem 20 times

by Paul Hermans -
Thanks,
That is what I was afraid of. Would be nice to add a new problem while specifying which problem to copy. Oh well.

That link is full of info....I will have to process it but think it will do what I am hoping for.

Thanks