WeBWorK Main Forum

sending emails from students to their instructor only within a course containing mutlisections

sending emails from students to their instructor only within a course containing mutlisections

by Dave Meng -
Number of replies: 2
Hello,

I created a course containing multi-sections with different instructors. When a student uses "Email Instructor" button, I would like that email sent to the corresponding instructor only. Here is what I did. In the course email configuration, I used "noboby" then, in the next, "additional addresses for receiving feedback email", I entered all the instructors' emails. I then checked "feedback by section" "True". I also added the following line in course.conf
"$feedback_by_section = 1" (Is this necessary?). But it did not work. When a student sends an email, all the instructors receive that email. Should I check "professor" instead of "nobody"?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

In reply to Dave Meng

Re: sending emails from students to their instructor only within a course containing mutlisections

by Gavin LaRose -
Hi Dave,

If you have $feedback_by_section = 1 (which should be the same as selecting "feedback by section" in the course configuration), and have the students' section numbers set to match the instructors' section numbers, things should work. You shouldn't need to add additional addresses for emailed feedback. This is the way we run all of our courses.

Gavin
In reply to Gavin LaRose

Re: sending emails from students to their instructor only within a course containing mutlisections

by Dave Meng -
Hi Gavin,

Thank you very much for your help. You are correct. I just figured it out myself yesterday.

Dave