WeBWorK Main Forum

Exporting Scores via Script?

Exporting Scores via Script?

by Wesley Burr -
Number of replies: 2
Due to a number of circumstances, I've ended up setting up 11 different WW courses for my large introductory stats course this year, one for each workshop section. I'd like to be able to export the scores of the different assignments/quizzes/etc in a way that doesn't involve going into each one and manually clicking on Scoring Tools -> (select) -> Score selected set(s).

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this via a call to a Perl script from the command line? If I can do it there, I can easily get Bash to do it all for me, take the exported .csv files, move them to a common location, then call a R script which amalgamates all of the records and exports it in my final format. One call done.

If I have to manually export, it's a lot more work. Suggestions welcome.

(nb: next year I'm going to make a point of getting LTI working properly in the summer - we tried to do it this year, and failed, so I can't just have Blackboard automagically request the grades over LTI)
In reply to Wesley Burr

Re: Exporting Scores via Script?

by Gavin LaRose -
Hi Wesley,

This may be basically what you want: wwScoreGetter. Some background information is on the contributed scripts page of the administration pages on the wiki. If it doesn't seem to work it should be easy enough to debug it.

Gavin