Features & Development

GUI for entering solutions?

GUI for entering solutions?

by Debbie Yuster -
Number of replies: 2
I'm sure this has been addressed elsewhere, but I didn't see it in this forum, or in a Google search. Are there any plans to create a "solutions palette" for students to enter solutions using a GUI?

Thanks,
Debbie
In reply to Debbie Yuster

Re: GUI for entering solutions?

by Alex Jordan -
Hi Debbie,

In Course Configuration, in the "PG - Problem Display/Answer Checking" tab, do you have the option to enable MathView?

It is a palette tool for entering answers. It has a few issues. Like if a student uses it and types "inf" it will make it look like the "element of" symbol followed by an "f". Because it reads the "in" as a LaTeX "\in". There are a few other things like this.

Some work is underway to bring WIRIS (http://www.wiris.com/es) to WeBWorK. WIRIS is not open-source and it's unclear what pricing model WIRIS would use to give access to users of a particular server/course. But WIRIS would be much more powerful than MathView.

Alex
In reply to Alex Jordan

Re: GUI for entering solutions?

by Debbie Yuster -
Thanks Alex, can't believe I didn't know about this already! This is a nice feature and I'll enable it in my courses. I agree, the WIRIS editor is more powerful (I've used it in Blackboard) and would be a nice addition if it can be worked out.

Debbie