L'Hopital's Rule problems

L'Hopital's Rule problems

by Andrew Dabrowski -
Number of replies: 5
An instructor just pointed out to me that a search of the OPL finds in

Calculus - single variable
Applications of Differentiation
Indeterminate forms and L'Hopital's rule

absolutely nothing. Even a key search of the entire OPL for "L'Hopital" or "hopital" or "LHospitals rule" etc. yields nothing.

I finally managed to find them in "Set Definition Files" under UCSB/Stewart5_4_4/.

Is the problem browser broken? Is there a directory missing from the OPL? Are all the L'Hopital's problems mis-tagged? Can the search engine not handle the apostrophe?
In reply to Andrew Dabrowski

Re: L'Hopital's Rule problems

by Andras Balogh -
For the same search I get
There are 224 matching WeBWorK problems
(although only 104 are shown, which is strange).

After updates the mysql database should be updated by running the "OPL-update" command from the command line. Maybe this is the issue?

In reply to Andrew Dabrowski

by Alex Jordan -
Perhaps related, I posted a short while ago that keyword search is not working at all for us:
http://webwork.maa.org/moodle/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=4268

I haven't heard if anyone else on 2.13 is having this issue (or can confirm it is not an issue for them).
In reply to Alex Jordan

by Sean Fitzpatrick -
We're on 2.13. WeBWorK and PG are up to date, our OPL can be updated, but the last update was about a month ago, so we're not so far behind.

I also see nothing under L'Hospital's rule, and I also have not had any luck with keyword search.

Another topic that is not even listed in the directory tree is implicit differentiation. (This is where I tried using keyword search, with 0 results.)

Again with implicit differentiation, I only had success browsing by problem set and looking for sets associated with appropriate textbook sections.
In reply to Alex Jordan

by Arnold Pizer -
Hi Alex,

In my testing advanced search does not work in WW2.13 but does work in WW2.12. I'll ask John Jones about this as he made an edit last June that may be relevant.

Arnie