WeBWorK Main Forum

Is it possible to enable the grade-passback feature and have students log-in directly to the WeBWorK server?

Is it possible to enable the grade-passback feature and have students log-in directly to the WeBWorK server?

by Miguel-Angel Manrique -
Number of replies: 2
Hello,

I am in the situation of currently having a class use WeBWorK and wishing to have their homework scores sent to Canvas. The problem is that I initially set up the server without LTI-Advanced Authentication and wish now to use LTI-Advanced Grading. Will I have to wait until next semester to implement the grade-passback?

Thanks.
In reply to Miguel-Angel Manrique

Re: Is it possible to enable the grade-passback feature and have students log-in directly to the WeBWorK server?

by Andras Balogh -
I think the only danger is that students might get new/duplicate WeBWorK account if the login names you created manually in WeBWorK are different from the login names LTI advanced authentication creates in WeBWorK.
If this happens maybe you can go back and immediately disable the LTI access.

My experience is only with Blackboard and only one student who registered late.
I created her account initially in WeBWorK manually, then later asked her to log in through Blackboard. She did not get a new account created, and her WeBWorK grade started to transfer to Blackboard.

Maybe it also helps to have $LMSManageUserData=1; in authen_LTI.conf.

In reply to Andras Balogh

Re: Is it possible to enable the grade-passback feature and have students log-in directly to the WeBWorK server?

by Miguel-Angel Manrique -
Good to know. I made a .csv roster at the beginning of of the term and had WeBWorK create accounts that way. Unfortunately the naming scheme I used is rather different (I presume) than what Canvas is using to distinguish users.

Alas, it will be awesome to use this feature next semester!