Installation

Installation not successful from WW2.13 Ubuntu16.04 Vanilla Virtual Machine Image

Installation not successful from WW2.13 Ubuntu16.04 Vanilla Virtual Machine Image

by paul wogan -
Number of replies: 3

About two years ago I successfully installed WW2.10_Ubuntu14.04_Vanilla Virtual Machine Image on CITRIX | XenCenter , the installation was seamless and this VM is running since.

Recently I took a look at installing WW2.13_Ubuntu16.04_Vanilla Virtual Machine Image, but this was not successful,the VM does not startup successfully as I get no graphical login screen.

I went back and looked at installing WW2.12_Ubuntu16.04_Vanilla Virtual Machine Image and this installs and runs successfully for me on CITRIX | XenCenter

So, I wonder does anybody know what might be different with the latest WW2.13_Ubuntu16.04_Vanilla Virtual Machine Image ?

In reply to paul wogan

Re: Installation not successful from WW2.13 Ubuntu16.04 Vanilla Virtual Machine Image

by Danny Glin -
When you say you get no graphical login screen, does that mean that you do get a text-based login prompt?

If so, it's possible that the VM was built without a windowing system. The person who built the VM (Arnie?) should be able to confirm this.
In reply to Danny Glin

Re: Installation not successful from WW2.13 Ubuntu16.04 Vanilla Virtual Machine Image

by paul wogan -
After failing to deploy the Vanilla Virtual Machine Image I took a look at installing WeBWork from scratch, but soon realised I had issues as this failed on the installation of Ubuntu Desktop16.04 on CITRIX | XenCenter (XenSever version 6.5) platform,

I decided to try Ubuntu Server 16.04 and this installed successfully, so I continued on with the WeBWork 2.13 installation and everything went OK. WeBWork 2.13 is now running all the important parts for testing as per the installation manual are fine.

So for me the issue was XenSever version 6.5 not successfully running Ubuntu Desktop16.04,

Regards .
In reply to paul wogan

by Michael Gage -
Thanks for the report back. That can be very helpful to the next person who has similar issues.

-- Mike