Hi, folks, and happy new year. I'm finally getting around to the last thing on my WW bucket list for this school year: trying to get the integration with R (via Rserve) working.
I've got Rserve and Statistics::R::IO installed. Rserve is listening on the localhost port 6311, as default:
# netstat -tulpn
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State PID/Program name
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:6311 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 1234/Rserve
# cpan Statistics::R::IO
Loading internal null logger. Install Log::Log4perl for logging messages
Database was generated on Tue, 02 Jan 2018 17:17:02 GMT
Statistics::R::IO is up to date (1.0002).
I was following the guide at http://webwork.maa.org/wiki/R_in_WeBWorK#Install_the_Perl-R_bridge. However, when I check the test problem mentioned (Library/UBC/STAT/STAT300/hw07/stat300_hw07_q02.pg), I get an error caught: