WeBWorK Problems

Using \lewis for Lewis dot diagrams

Using \lewis for Lewis dot diagrams

by Eric Stroyan -
Number of replies: 2
I noticed that the package lewis.sty appears to be installed in the current version of texlive I am using. This is a handy tool for typsetting Lewis diagrams of atoms and molecules.
Would I be able to get this to work for WeBWorK problems? Has anyone tried to do this? I'm not quite sure what has to be changed to use other LaTeX packages anymore.

In reply to Eric Stroyan

Re: Using \lewis for Lewis dot diagrams

by Danny Glin -
Take a look at the following thread:

Short answer: if the package isn't already part of MathJax, it won't work with MathJax display mode. It should be possible to get it to work with images display mode and hardcopy by loading the package in the appropriate place in the code.
In reply to Danny Glin

Re: Using \lewis for Lewis dot diagrams

by Eric Stroyan -
Danny

Thanks for the reply. I didn't think MathJax supported it but was wondering how to get it to work without.
The link you gave me returned to this page., but i dug through some old papers from the 2.x days when I added chemarrows to WeBWorK, because I don't think they were in the version I was using.

From what I recall getting the package to load involves changes to hardcopyPreamble.tex and Constants.pm (maybe others...)
I haven't checked where the code leads Constants.pm to the texlive additions, but I Think all items are in (in UBUNTU 16.04LTS) /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/.
If You can offer any advice as to how to get this running I would appreciate the help.

Eric