WeBWorK Main Forum

Extra time for gateway quiz

Extra time for gateway quiz

by Siman Wong -
Number of replies: 2
I have already set a time limit for my quiz (60 minutes).  Several of my students have gotten permission to receive an extra 30 minutes.  When I go into class list editor --> individual students I can only tweak the due date.   Does that mean I cannot let these students take the "regular" quiz and have to create
separate ones for them?  And if so, would the following be the right way to go about it?

* make the regular quiz visible to every student with 60-minutes limit

* make a new quiz with 90 minutes limit and make them visible to students with these permissions

I want to make sure the respective groups don't get confused and take the wrong one...

Thanks!
In reply to Siman Wong

Re: Extra time for gateway quiz

by Nathan Wallach -
I think you can use "Instructor tools" and the "Edit one set for users" button after selecting the single assignment and the relevant users.
For a gateway quiz it allows modifying also the gateway specific settings for all of the selected users at once.
For a single user, after clicking on the k/n in the classlist editor, you can click on the assignment name to get a "Set Detail 2" editor for the single student.
(I was looking on a system running WW 2.15, so am not sure which older versions support this.)
In reply to Nathan Wallach

Re: Extra time for gateway quiz

by Siman Wong -
THANKS! For 2.13: Homework Sets Editor --> pick the specific set --> click "edit data" next to the student's name. THANKS SO MUCH!