WeBWorK Main Forum

can't generate hardcopy for set

can't generate hardcopy for set

by Ever Barbero -
Number of replies: 4

In Webwork 15, after taking a quiz, I can "act as" a student, say "username", click on the quiz, and I can see the quiz and his answers. 

But, when I try to generate a hardcopy, I get this error ...

Can't generate hardcopy for set ''username!Exam_2-3,v4!4' for user 'nab0030' -- set is not assigned to that user.

but "username" has this gateway/quiz assigned and completed!

In fact, I am requesting the hardcopy from a page where I am looking at the "username's" exam!

Another detail is that when I do this in Webwork 12 (another server), clicking on "Print Test" automatically selects the quiz to be printed, but Webwok 15 doesn't. I have to manually select on the quiz I want. 

Pictures posted here: http://forum.cadec-online.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=100&p=543#p543 

It was working initially this semester. The only change I made is to add these 2 lines to the course conf file:

# timeout

$sessionKeyTimeout=7800;

and the same in the conf file on the server. 

Any ideas? 

In reply to Ever Barbero

Re: can't generate hardcopy for set

by Danny Glin -
Hardcopy generation for quizzes works fine on my WW2.14 installation.

Have you tried generating a hardcopy for a homework set?  That would indicate whether the problem is specific to Gateway Quizzes.

The other thing I notice is that in the error message, it lists the set name as 'username!Exam_2-3,v4!4'.  When I try to generate a hardcopy for a student who hasn't taken the quiz, my error message just shows the set name as 'quizname,v1'.  It's possible that it is looking for a set with that longer name, which is why it is failing.
In reply to Danny Glin

by Ever Barbero -

It generates Homework sets fine. 

I am sure that "username" took the quiz. 

The length was no issue 4 weeks ago when I generated a PDF for the same student "username!Exam_1-1,v1!1", 

Now is "username!Exam_2-3,v4!4", not much difference.

I posted more pictures with explanation in http://forum.cadec-online.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=100

Attachment somerset earlier this semester.png
In reply to Ever Barbero

by Ever Barbero -
I fixed the problem by deleting these lines:

# timeout
$sessionKeyTimeout=7800;

that I had added at the end of the file course.conf for this course.
BUT WHY?
I have those same lines in course.conf in another server using Webwork 12, Ubuntu 16.4, and everything works well.
I did the change on both servers the same day! in the same way!
In reply to Ever Barbero

by Ever Barbero -
UNFORTUNATELY, the problem reappeared after I deleted 5 students from the "classlist." They dropped from the course and keeping them in the classlist complicated uploading the grades to Blackboard Collaborate, which is the official/mandatory system to report grades at my university. In Webwoer 12 no problem, but in Webwork 15, and now without the ability to produce PDF of graded exams that I need to return to 50+ students. Fortunately, I take exams with 2 servers, and the remaining 90 students are on the old server with Webwork 12. This problem is crippling me. Online students need as much feedback as we can possibly give them. I had to take screenshots of the exams, 2 screenshots per exam, times 50, 100 screenshots. Not good.