Installation

Getting a course to see a Library

Getting a course to see a Library

by Neal Caidin -
Number of replies: 1
An instructor created a problem on a different instance of WeBWork and is moving the pg file over to the instance of WeBWork that I'm supporting.

Below is the error message which indicates a missing file PGunion.pl, which appears to be in the unionLibrary which I have installed. And I've created a symbolic link in the templates directory of the instructor's site. In /opt/webwork/webwork2/conf/global.conf I've aset $webworkDirs{valid_symlinks} = ["/opt/webwork/libraries"];

lrwxrwxrwx 1 webadmin webadmin 36 Dec 18 16:26 unionLibrary -> /opt/webwork/libraries/union_problib

What else to I need to do so that the course sees the path to the union_problib directory?

Thanks.

Graph01: Problem 1

This set is visible to students.

WeBWorK Error

WeBWorK has encountered a software error while attempting to process this problem. It is likely that there is an error in the problem itself. If you are a student, report this error message to your professor to have it corrected. If you are a professor, please consult the error output below for more information.

Error messages

Can't locate macro file |PGunion.pl| via path: |.|, |/opt/webwork/courses/BME171-S2008/templates/macros|, |/opt/webwork/pg/macros| at line 274 of [PG]/macros/dangerousMacros.pl Died within main::loadMacros called at line 3 of [TMPL]/pgfiles/Graphs/Graph01.pg

Error details

Problem1
ERROR caught by Translator while processing problem file:pgfiles/Graphs/Graph01.pg
Can't locate macro file |PGunion.pl| via path: |.|, |/opt/webwork/courses/BME171-S2008/templates/macros|, |/opt/webwork/pg/macros| at line 274 of [PG]/macros/dangerousMacros.pl
 Died within main::loadMacros called at line 3 of [TMPL]/pgfiles/Graphs/Graph01.pg

In reply to Neal Caidin

Solved? - was Re: Getting a course to see a Library

by Neal Caidin -
I updated my global.conf file in the section "##### Directories used by PG" , underneath which one defines the macro search path in the subsection "# The macro file search path." The I restarted Apache and everything seemed to work fine.

I hope this is the correct approach.