Installation

adding missing modules

adding missing modules

by Richard Bayne -
Number of replies: 3
Happy Holidays to all.
I am continuing to try to install WW2.3.2 on an old Gateway, and have been attempting to follow the easy installation instructions for SuSe 10.3. I have managed to get to the point of checking module dependencies with the command
"check_modules.pl apache2"
Initially, there were about 9 modules indicated missing. I have used CPAN to get most of those. The two that I was not able to retrieve are Apache2::Request and Apache2::Cookie. I have also tried to install these two from source, but get error messages at end as follows:
gcc -g -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -o .libs/test_cgi test_cgi.o /home/reb/download s/libapreq2-2.08/library/.libs/libapreq2.so -lexpat /usr/local/apache2/lib/libap rutil-1.so /usr/local/apache2/lib/libapr-1.so /usr/local/apache2/lib/libexpat.so -lrt -lcrypt -lpthread -ldl -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/apache2/lib
/usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.2.1/../../../../i586-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lexpat
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [test_cgi] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/reb/downloads/libapreq2-2.08/module'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/reb/downloads/libapreq2-2.08/module'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Is there a solution?
Thanks.
Richard Bayne
In reply to Richard Bayne

Re: adding missing modules

by Richard Bayne -
Perhaps there is a clue in the output obtained when I ran "make test" on the mod_perl. It reports an error as follows:
t/api/server_const...................Failed 1/3 subtests

Or perhaps it has nothing to do with it? Again, please help!

Bayne
In reply to Richard Bayne

by Davide Cervone -
The error message
    ...bin/ld: cannot find -lexpat
is saying that you are missing the expat library, which apparently is needed by the perl module you are compiling. You can get it from
    http://expat.sourceforge.net/
which has a download page at
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10127

Davide

In reply to Davide Cervone

by Richard Bayne -
Davide,
Thanks! I did download expat, then found that I also needed to get ExtUtils::XSBuilder::ParseSource. After that things went smoothly and I was able to successfully complete the installation.
Happy New Year!
Richard