Installation

more mandriva weirdness,

more mandriva weirdness,

by Soroosh Yazdani -
Number of replies: 4
Hi again,

so now that I have installed webwork, setting my browser to the main page, it loads up without a problem. However, when I try to login as admin, the page just hangs up. Running top, it seems that httpd is taking up a lot of processing power as well. My question is that, is there a way of having verbose log so I might have a chance of figuring out what is going wrong?

Cheers,
Soroosh
In reply to Soroosh Yazdani

Re: more mandriva weirdness,

by Arnold Pizer -
Hi Soroosh,

I assume you created the admin course. Since you don't mention the apache error log does that mean that no errors show up in the log? That's where I would expect to see errors reported. I'm not sure it's applicable with mandriva and if you read the fedora instructions you have probably already done it, but you should disable SELinux otherwise you will have a host of permission issues.

Arnie

In reply to Arnold Pizer

by Soroosh Yazdani -
I did create the admin course using the command prompt, and it does show up on the webpage. I checked with the admin, and I don't think SELinux was running.

My current solution was to abandon the mandriva distribution and install webworks on ubuntu (which was done within few hours, without any hassle, thanks to the wiki page.) I might come back to Mandriva at some later time, and figure out what's going on with that.

Thanks,
Soroosh

In reply to Soroosh Yazdani

by Arnold Pizer -
Hi Soroosh,

I'm happy you found the Ubuntu instructions easy follow. As for Mandiva, the one other though I had, probably a long shot, is whether MySQL was running and set up correctly?

Arnie
In reply to Arnold Pizer

by William Ziemer -
We are having the same problem here at CSULB with our new webwork server running Mandriva (Apache 2.2). Mysql seems to be fine, the admin course wrote to the database on its creation (done via command line with addcourse).

Login to the admin course, and httpd goes to 100% CPU usage and stalls. Nothing in the error log, access log shows only a "GET /webwork2/admin/ HTTP/1.1" command.

weird.

Bill Ziemer