WeBWorK Problems

WeBWorK::Authen::LTIBasic not authenticating "professor" role

WeBWorK::Authen::LTIBasic not authenticating "professor" role

by Ngonidzashe Choga -
Number of replies: 1

Hi all,

I am hopeful that I will be able to get some assistance with authenticating the professor role via LTIBasic. I am getting the following error:

"You have attemped to access this site as an instructor without prior authorization. at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK.pm line 321."

I can't seem to identify which configuration needs to be changed to allow for instructors to access sites without prior authorization.

Attachment Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 15.03.55.png
In reply to Ngonidzashe Choga

Re: WeBWorK::Authen::LTIBasic not authenticating "professor" role

by Danny Glin -

The Authen::LTIBasic module is no longer being actively maintained, as it has been superseded by the Authen::LTIAdvanced module.

I took a quick look at the code, and it looks like the LTIBasic module is hard-coded to not create user accounts for permission levels higher than TA, so the only way to change this would be to edit the code.

The default behaviour is the same for the LTIAdvanced module, but in that case there is a configuration option which allows you to change the maximum permission level for which accounts are automatically created.

It's also worth noting that this behaviour was deliberate, as it prevents users who have obtained professor permissions in the LMS from automatically getting professor permissions in WeBWorK.