WeBWorK Problems

Periodic Re-randomization - clear student input

Periodic Re-randomization - clear student input

by Fabian Gabel -
Number of replies: 4

Dear WeBWork community,

it seems that for problems with Periodic Randomization enabled, after clicking the "Request New Version" button, a new version of the problem is loaded but the user input from the previous try remains in the text fields.

Is this the desired behavior of the Problem? Wouldn't it be appropriate to clear all input fields when a new a new version of the problem is requested? How should I proceed, if I want to (try to) implement this feature? I am still new to the program flow in WeBWorK.

Best wishes,
Fabian

In reply to Fabian Gabel

Re: Periodic Re-randomization - clear student input

by Glenn Rice -

This is already fixed, but you will have to wait until WeBWorK 2.16 to get this.  See https://github.com/openwebwork/webwork2/pull/1042.

In reply to Glenn Rice

by Sean Fitzpatrick -
Not quite related, but I have a persistent issue with rerandomization that others don't seem to encounter, but I have no idea what in my settings would be different:

As soon as a student *views* a question that has rerandomization turned on, even if they haven't submitted answers or requested a new version, they get a database lock on the problem settings. So if, for example, I notice a typo or want to change notation, and edit the question, and then save as a new version, students who have already viewed the question stay on the original version.

Any way to also clear the individual settings? (Weight, problem path, etc.)
In reply to Sean Fitzpatrick

by Glenn Rice -

Go to the "Classlist Editor" and click on the "Assigned Sets" column for the student, and then click on the homework set you want to do this for, and then uncheck "Source File" for the problem.

In reply to Glenn Rice

by Fabian Gabel -

Thank you once again for you quick reply, Glenn. I'll try to search the commits in the github-repo for keywords next time!